Since 2005, Experts Connection™
for Recruiters has been connecting you, the hiring professional, with experts
in all phases of recruitment. Topics are presented for timely practical application offering you the ability to implement the ideas
as soon as you hang up the phone. The subject matter is designed
for both corporate hiring professionals as well as independent
Facebook for Recruiting: The Basics
Date: Thursday, September 25, 2014
Time: 2:00-3:30PM Eastern - 11:00AM-12:30PM Pacific
Guest Speaker: Jim Durbin, The Social Media Headhunter
Class Description: Facebook is rapidly improving their search capability for recruiters. New filters and new targeting options inside Facebook have turned Graph Search into one of the fastest ways to find candidates filtered by company, job title, location, and skillsets. And their active user base in the United States is three times larger than LinkedIn.
This presentation is the introductory class, intended to give you the tools to find candidates and connect with them today. This will be a point-by-point demonstration best learned when the participant is sitting at their computer to follow along.
A recent survey made the claim that more people cite Facebook as the source of their hire than LinkedIn. We're going to explore how to make that true for your company.
In this 90 minute webinar you will learn:
- Powerful new searches using Facebook Graph Search
- How to use the new filters to build call lists
- What candidates put on Facebook when they're looking for work
- How to build org charts for companies
- How to use your profile without giving away your privacy
- Messages that generate responses
- Alternate contact strategies for passive candidates in a variety of disciplines.
- How to differentiate your private and business use of Facebook.
About the Speaker:
Jim Durbin is a retained search headhunter specializing in digital marketing. In addition to running a live desk, he's trained over 6,000 recruiters on his methods of social media recruitment. Prior to starting his firm in 2006, he was a top performer for national staffing firms and a nationally known blogger on recruiting and staffing.